Most family reunions go something like this
|image found here|
- 10:00: meet at park for games
- 10:30: emergency room visit for Skippy who got hit in the eye by a water balloon and is seeing double
- 11:30: Uncle Cooter gets mad and goes home to watch "Turtle Man"
- 12:00: Potluck lunch featuring Aunt Vita Mae's famous potato salad
- 2:00-eternity: Talent show featuring Mindy and Mandy, the baton twirling twins from the Twin Cities
- 2:30: emergency room visit for Uncle Lester who took an errant baton to the noggin
- 5:00: emergency room visits for everyone who ate Aunt Vita Mae's famous potato salad which is now even more famous because of a a new secret ingredient "salmonella"
The cowboys/cowgirls sit on their "kegs" until the announcer says go
Everyone mounts their horse as fast as they can
And race around a barrel at the end of the arena.
Stirrups are optional.
When they come back, one of the kegs is gone
and everyone jumps off their horse to find a seat.
It's intense and crazy fun.
This year, my brother Jeff entered the keg race.
He came in third.
We're expecting better results for him in his run for the Senate.