Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

All the News That is Not Fit to Print

Eddington Family
Christmas Letter
2012 

After Mitt Romney lost the Presidential election, we spent two boring weeks in our homemade fallout shelter eating pork 'n beans out of the can, staring at the Mayan calendar and waiting for the world to end.  When we surfaced to check out our cat snare, we found out that everything looked surprisingly normal, so we went to QT and bought celebratory soda pops.  Since we're still alive, it's time to pass on the family news just one last time.

Rachael and Damon finally came to their senses and moved closer to free babysitting.  Their exodus from Texas to a lovely home just five minutes away from us still has us waking up singing Zippedee Doo Da.  Nearly every day we get to watch Zoey turning cartwheels on the lawn, hear Liam's latest obscure factoid about vampire squid or see little Josslynn's newly minted bowlegged running skills as she chases down the dog.  It's heavenly.

Cody and Breaelle continue the scholarly life at BYU while Cody finishes up his last year learning to communicate and publicly relate to others for profit. They spent the summer in Denver again and Cody sold more pest control contracts than there are pests, the mark of a true salesman.  He can't wait to graduate so he can have more time to control the fish population one cast at a time.  Breaelle can't wait for Cody to graduate so he will have less time to fish.  Brylinn has her own Barbie fishing pole and she knows that as long as there are fish, her daddy will make the time.

Max spent the summer in Alaska driving tour buses for a Cruise Line.  Objectives: dodge the moose, charm the tourists out of big tips, hike tall mountains and make wonderful friends.  He put us into a jealous frenzy sending weekly pictures that all looked like screen savers while we were suffering through another desert sizzler.  He is heading up to the University of Utah in January, transferring from BYU (which I didn't even know was legal).
 
Joey has been serving in the Utah, Ogden Mission since June and it is just as exotic as he though it would be.  His first zone consisted of 2 Canadians, 1 Native American, 1 Norwegian, 1 New Zealander, 1 Guatemalan, 1 Samoan, 1 South Korean and a British missionary with Elder Eddington serving as the token American.  He loves the people, the amphibians and preaching the gospel in the Wasatch language as only "The Joey" can.
 
Corinn is taking her last child in the family duties seriously as she demands mani/pedis every Thursday and organic corn nubbins overnighted from Iowa for her pet duck.  She divides her time between a Nurse Assistant Certification course and the rest of her senior classes at Mr. View.  When she graduates in May she will be eligible to both change adult diapers and go on to college, where she plans to become an RN so she can boss around her own CNA.
 
Darn, I'm all out of room so I can't post a photo of Mark and I.  Just take my word for it, we still look like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie...without the tattoos.  However, now that Mark isn't Bishop anymore, he has been seriously considering getting a tasteful tattoo of me in my Zumba-tard emblazoned on his left bicep.  (Either that or the one of me planking in my snuggie.)
 
Here's wishing you days that are merry and bright
and nights that are warm and snuggly!
 


12 comments:

Pondside said...

I'm glad you finally made it out of the bomb shelter and into the sunlight - who'd babysit those little cuties?
Best wishes to you and your family. Merry Christmas!

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

:D Happy holidays to a very funny and lovely lady (Is it okay to call you a lady? One never can be too sure about these things.)

RoeH said...

I was planning to come over and live off of your years supply on December 22. But dang! We're still alive. My 5 year old got up on Saturday morning and came skipping out to the kitchen here singing...."Joy to the world we're still alive." I guess I feel like that too. I have that darn bucket list till being checked off. And I suppose now I'll have to resurrect those pesky bills that I threw away on December 20th.

Phooey!

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

I am a sucker for holiday letters, and this did not disappoint! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad the world didn't end so we could get this Christmas update! A Merry One to you!

Connie said...

Oh boy, confined spaces and eating pork and beans? I'll bet you were all praying that the Mayan's had it right. So sorry. After the election I felt like crawling in a hole somewhere but my nourishment of choice would be chocolate chip cookies.

Merry Christmas dear Larainy, I can't wait for more wonderful posts from you in 2013.

Anonymous said...

If you wish for to obtain a good deal from this paragraph
then you have to apply these strategies to your won blog.
Feel free to surf my homepage :: below market properties PA

karen said...

Merry Christmas Laraine, and just know I'm crazy jealous that you have grandchildren in your close vicinity. LaMar and I just spent a nice, sedate, and entirely too quiet Christmas together with not a child or grandchildren in sight. *sigh* Next year we'll have to plan better...

J. Hicks said...

This is so exciting! I absolutely love your posts and when I need a pick me up I always check your blog. Today, I realized that your son looked very familiar. He is currently serving in our Stake. He has spoken in our ward, I see him on his bike at least once a week and my husband and I had him in our home for dinner a few months back. When he left, I remember thinking that I hope my boys turn out like Elder Eddington. He was so kind, gracious and very happy. Just as I would have pictured one of your wonderful children. Thank you for your wonderful bits of wisdom :) and for always making me smile. And, thank you for raising righteous children!

larainydays said...

I'm not able to reply in an email J. Hicks, so I hope you might read this so I can tell you how much your note meant to me. Joey was just transferred out of Logan and he will really miss people like you. Thank you so much for your kind words about my great boy. They made me so happy.

Marti said...

Sounds like a very merry Christmas at your house. How wonderful to have your children and grandchildren close enough to hug every day.

I had been wondering how the bus driving in Alaska went. Glad to hear he was on moose alert the whole time.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

You have a busy---and successful---family of whom you have the right to be proud. They sound like a wonderful bunch. So happy you enjoyed an obviously blessed Christmas, and wishing you a fantastic 2013!