Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Now That's a Filibuster

Like 53.9 percent of the population, I am a mad almost nearly informed American citizen, or M.A.N.I.A.C. The thing I like most about being a M.A.N.I.A.C. is that you don’t have to know anything about anything to be mad as h-e-c-k about it.


Which leads me to today’s column (which you can also find on http://www.drudgereport.com ).


Our leaders in Washington have been furrowing their brows and spouting phrases like these on every channel.


“Can’t we disagree without being disagreeable?”


“We all need to adopt a more civil tone”.


Well excuse me, but that kind of namby pamby attitude is what gets you beat up on the playground. I say it is time to take off the gloves and ramp up the disagreeableness.


Think what would happen if everyone in the House of Representatives came to work all ready to rumble. Pelosi would be crouching on her chair at the head of the chamber in a ponytail and boxing gloves. John Boehner would swing in on a rope wearing a mouthguard and a wrestling onesie. The rest of the Representatives would roar in on Harleys wearing sweat pants and black eye patches. (Barney Frank would be in the gallery waving pompoms and cheering on the Democrats because no one would want to see him in sweat pants.)
The sergeant at arms would call for a vote on health care and then ring a bell. It would be the hugest cage fight ever. 

I can’t even imagine what fun a Senate free for all would be, but I bet Harry Reid would be hiding under his desk.  C-span viewers sitting in their LazyBoys would wake up and think they were watching the Wrestling Channel. Ratings would go through the roof.

No one ever gets anything done in politics without getting mad about it.


I say,…Let the Wild Rumpus Start!


Okay, okay, so I made up that part about the Drudge Report

3 comments:

Julia said...

Totally love your blog! It is definitely a good laugh. Since I look forward to your family Christmas letter each December more than any other, your blog will help me endure the remaining eleven months of the year now with more ease. Thanks for making ordinary life seem much more exciting.

Kim Call said...

Hope its ok with you if I peek at your blog now and again...blame Memri, if you're angry. Such fun and what a fabulous writer you are!

larainydays said...

Are you kidding? I LOOOOVE people reading my blog, and I especially LOOOOVE comments like yours...now what did you say again?