Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

HURRY HARRY, HURRY



Invisibility cloak to the dry cleaner?  Check
Hand carved wand that chose me revarnished?  Check
Sleeping pills to get me through til July 17th?  Check



Don't accuse me of being obsessed or I'll cast a spell on you that will make you allergic to pumpkin juice and turn your house elf into Rod Blagojevitch.  Besides, I'm not the only one in America that has been Potterized past all recognition.


Rodney is legally blind but refuses to join the rest of the Crumble family 
in wearing coordinating corrective eyewear because 
if he can't have Harry Potter spectacles 
he would rather get a seeing eye owl.

When he turned 18, Wesley added an "a" to his name and dyed his hair red, 
but his posse still refuses to call him Weasley.


When Parminda puts herself into a self-induced trance 
she inhabits an alternate reality as a large animal veterinarian 
with a specialty in dragons




Everyone said she was throwing her life away, 
but Juanita couldn't help but fall in love with Cornelius Grizzle 
when he revealed he was a closet warlock



Cedric was only 3 years old when Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone first came out, 
but thanks to Uncle Ellrod he has been fully immersed in the family wizarding ways 
and can charm the ladies with a slight lifting of a well groomed eyebrow.





Delmont taught himself to tan the skins of small animals and sew his own clothing.  
He believes that in his own small way he is following Dumbledore's wise injunction that 
 "When life hands you roadkill, make a shirt"




Larlene raised $139.79 in her 4th of July Death Eater Danceathon 
and plans to donate everything except the 79 cents to the American Cancer Society.  
(She bought a slurpee because she was dehydrated)



Nedra has worn black gloves ever since a drunk tattoo artist 
misspelled Hagrid's name when inking "Hagrud's a Hottie" around both wrists.  
Adding insult to injury, the accompanying dragon looks more like the Geico gecko.



Sharlexa rescued her dog from the Humane Society because initially 
she thought that Cutie Pie spoke Parseltongue, but it turned out to be just a regular bark. 



In spite of extensive modification, including turbo boosters that run on jet fuel, 
Cleavon has been unable to modify his roadbike into an airbike; 
with the exception of that one time when he was drunk and rode it off a bridge.



Inspired by Professor Lockhart, Arnold has dedicated his life 
to beauty over brains and form over function.  
He is confident that someday it is all going to come together 
and he will be able to move out of his mother's basement.





The Sizemores have taught little Frederick that even though he is adopted, and not a true Muggle, 
that he can still support his adopted country at least once a year.





Every member of the Hay Hollow Book Club was electrified the first time they read Harry Potter 
and they have never quite recovered.  


Beautiful photos all found  here

9 comments:

Carl said...

You are seriously in need of rehab and so are all these other people

Unknown said...

I, too, am beyond excited. Almost enough to sport one of those last hairstyles (oh wait, I did last year)!

Misha Gerrick said...

Lol you need help. ;-)

Start with an HP marathon.

:-)

karen said...

I'm inspired to get my groove on (aka 70's-80's looks) in time to go see the newest HP movie! Wow - seems like yesterday I was teasing and curling my bangs and wearing huge glasses. Where does the time go?

Ronnie said...

You are so stinkin funny

Rob-bear said...

The Hairy Potter I remember was a Bear working in a greenhouse.
Oops! Wrong spelling of the name. Sorry.
Still, I'm glad I came by from Pondside's.

Judie said...

LMAO!!! If you are in Tucson, I can recommend a therapist.

I'm eagerly awaiting July 17 myself! And then when it is all over, I shall weep!!

Emily Widdison said...

These pictures have got to be fakes! Really? I can't believe some of them and then I remember all my people watching days in Chicago and then they all become believable. I haven't read Harry Potter...but someday I will become a fan, I just know it!
I'm glad you like Brian and Jill in your ward. It would be an awkward if you didn't:)because I would tell them. I can't believe Janae lives in the U.S.A. again and I can't believe my parents are coming home so soon!

MTeacress said...

Haha! I was a member of that book club - that's me on the front row, second from the left. ;)