Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Nuptial Knowledge

It is our wedding anniversary today.  Anniversary is such a beautiful word.  Let us break it into parts, dear reader, so that we may glean the golden nuggets of meaning that shimmer within.




Anni which means never forget 
 ver which means or 
 sary which means your life is in peril.


 



As my mind wanders back through the crags, past foggy curtains and through the dusty unused corners of my brain, a few thoughts surface, glimmering like a school of anchovies swimming through the oil clogged surface of the Gulf of Mexico.



Back then he was the man of my dreams...

Now

He interrupts my dreams with his snoring and I, in turn interrupt his dreams with the gentle stirring of the covers as I unconsciously set free my extraneous air in a ladylike manner.




Back then he made my heart race...

Now

We race for the remote and as our hands touch he frantically tries to find ESPN as I search for Law and Order reruns and after the melee we fall, panting on the couch, our hearts beating like the jungle drums on the NatGeo channel.






Back then we thought that love made the world go round...

Now

We know that love of underbaked chocolate chip cookies with a dollop of Dreyers double vanilla ice cream make both the world and our bodies go round.


Back then we thought that love was blind
Now

We are both blind without our stinkin' glasses and grateful to be blind on a more or less regular basis.



Back then we thought that love meant never having to say you're sorry...

Just kidding, neither of us was ever that stupid.




12 comments:

Marti said...

LOL, that was good. Happy anniversary!

Sunshine and Shadows said...

Well said - and too funny.

Jen West said...

Your blog is always good for a giggle! You remind me to not take things too seriously, but enjoy them and find humor in them. I need that this week!

Susan Anderson said...

I do love your sense of humor! Have a happy anniversary!!

=)

Christine Marie said...

Hahahaha. I love this. Happy Anniversary to you and Bishop! You guys are the absolute best, love you.

joanne fox said...

Happy anniversary (belatedly!). Would you believe my Loved One did forget our anniversary last year? This year I have noticed he has already marked it on the calender!

Laurel said...

Happy anniversary! I hope that you are enjoying a great break from responsibilities.

Emily Widdison said...

so much to look forward to! I can't wait!
Hope you had a happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

CUTE POST!!! and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Happy Anniversary!

Rosebriars said...

This is my first time reading your blog. You are HYSTERICAL! Thanks for the laugh...yes, cookies and ice cream make us go round as well. And the race to the remote instead of the bed is all too familiar! :)

Anonymous said...

WenRatteNal

[url=http://healthplusrx.com/sprains-strains-and-other-injuries-of-the-muscles-and-joints]sprains strains and other injuries of the muscles and joints[/url] nouddindy