Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

Lactation Education

In an interview with Harper’s Bazaar UK — which hits newsstands today — Gisele Bundchen gushes about her superior parenting skills since giving birth to son Benjamin, now 7 months old. The 30-year-old Gisele preaches: “Some people here think they don’t have to breastfeed, and I think, ‘Are you going to give chemical food to your child, when they are so little?’ There should be a worldwide law, in my opinion, that mothers should breastfeed their babies for six months.”

In a related development


ASPEN, Colo. — Charlie Sheen pleaded guilty Monday to assault in a Christmas Day argument with his wife in exchange for the withdrawal of more serious charges.


Sheen, star of "Two and a Half Men" on CBS, was sentenced to 30 days in a rehabilitation center, 30 days of probation and 36 hours of anger management. He has 30 days to report to the Promises Treatment Center in California.


Sheen exited the Pitkin County Courthouse waving and blowing kisses to the crowd outside and flashing a peace sign.  In solidarity with Gisele Bundchen, he promised "... Even though the judge did not assign community service as part of my sentence, I pledge to do it anyway as I support Gisele Bundchen's worthy breastfeeding campaign.  I  will not rest until I educate every American women about breast feeding; whether they are lactating or not.  I also pledge to enforce natural milk consumption on every American infant.  It is the least I can do to pay my debt to society."





8 comments:

Unknown said...

Did Ms. Bundchen really say that? Don't you just love first-time mothers of infants who have it all figured out?

Charlie Sheen is such a good guy. Always looking out for women and children.

larainydays said...

Yes, she really said that and he really did not say that, but I bet he would have if he'd thought of it.

Susan Anderson said...

How refreshing!

=)

Lydia Kang said...

I think breastfeeding is great. I did for my kids, but let me tell you, there's a lot of women who can't or choose not to for their own personal reasons and it shouldn't be considered a crime.

She needs to get off her high horse. What, is she going to imprison women for not losing their excess baby weight in two weeks like she did too?

Sorry. I get irritated by her.

Pondside said...

God save me from the lactation police. When I was bottle-feeding my (adopted) children, people seemed to think it quite permissible to ask if it was because I 'couldn't breast feed.'
I can't help but wonder how long Giselle will last...and if she has someone to supplement the night time feeding.

karen said...

Now THAT'S funny! Good stuff. I love people who think they know everything - especially when they have lots of money and lots of "people."

Emily Widdison said...

very good information. That is why I come to your blog. To stay informed of all the latest and greatest!!

mary said...

If one must be didactical, can't one be grammatical? "...your child when THEY are so young..."