Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

California Dreamin' at the Emmy's

I just caught up on my sleep after a whirlwind trip to the Lazyboy to view the Emmys.  As usual, our celebrity bff's red carpet creations have given us a lot to ponder...

 This outfit is rated M...to be worn by mature muppets only




Fluffing the hair, slathering on the makeup...
sometimes there is just not enough time 
to put a whole outfit together




Sometimes you can see the northern lights, even in southern California




Once in a while you can have a flashback even when you don't do drugs





Ditto




Beware wicked stepmothers with shiny silver apples







I knew it!  Dwight Shrute is stalking Mr. Hamm





This dress makes a statement, but unfortunately no one can read it




Ever since "Castaway" Rita has humored Tom's  compulsion to make dresses 
out of bits scavenged from the garage




Toni went all the way to make a statement about 
the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico





Just imagine how this dress would liven up a funeral





You never know when a couple
of bath sponges might come in handy





If the defense department won't get serious about 
protective armor for the troops, 
then Anna Pacquin will





It's always embarrassing when a new mother 
forgets to remove the burp cloth





Something bold
something new
something horrored
something blue




18 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

You may be one of the most clever people ever, Laraine. And I'm not exaggerating. You could have been a comedy writer, for sure.

I laughed out loud at the oil spill. Well, actually I was laughing the whole time...just more loudly at the oil spill.

=)

Allyson & Jere said...

You NAILED them all sister!!

Jen West said...

I didn't even know it was Emmy weekend, bu it doesn't matter. I get all the commentary I need right here! Thanks!

Marti said...

Agreed, you nailed it! Especially on the oil spill and the burp cloth!

Laurel said...

You've nailed it once again!

The Bipolar Diva said...

Spot on!

R A C H A E L said...

Perfection. I think all celebrities should run the outfits by you first.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you stopped critiquing my Sunday outfits and moved on to celebrities!

Emily Widdison said...

I'm never wearing my special dresses when you are around! Great comic relief! thanks!

CB said...

You are so funny and YES those dresses were all hideous!
I did not watch the Emmy's this year so missed all this.
That women in the very first picture...I don't know how women like that can even walk without toppling over!

karen said...

I missed the Emmys so I'm glad I could count on you for the update. Really bad, all, and yet, we love to look... There's just something so fascinating about pretty people in bad clothes. I always wonder whether they just don't care, or whether they just don't know. Or maybe some designer paid them a boatload of cash to wear the creation.

Pondside said...

The networks should really hire you to do the red carpet commentary - the ratings would go through the roof!

Anne said...

Oh I LOVE the burp cloth! Too funny!

Ashley said...

Whenever I am having a bad day I pop over to your blog and somehow you always make it better! Thank you!!!

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

Oh my goodness! This is hysterical! Loved the oil spill and burp cloth!!

Jenn said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'm partial to the muppet dress. But my favorite show growing up was Fraggle Rock.

CHERI said...

You need to take that "guy's" place on the TODAY show...the one that really gets into the apparel! Can you believe these folks would wear these things, let alone pay the $1000s they pay for them???? You could feed a family of four for a year or two with what they spend on one ugly dress! I think it is beyond ridiculous!!!!!

Anonymous said...

When the vote in the U.S.?