Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Arguing in Arizona

The semi-daily Republican presidential debate was held in Mesa, Arizona today because the candidates had worked their way through the states alphabetically back to front and it was finally our turn. 
 
It was hosted by our beautiful Mesa Arts Center which is adorned with sails in case the desert ever turns back into a lake and we need something to keep us afloat.


Local news anchors were on hand and we did our best to walk back and forth incessantly in back of them, smiling with charm and enthusiasm, with fond hopes to appear on television, be discovered and go on to fabulous careers with ridiculous salaries
 Max portrays his admiration for Lin Sue Cooney with a symbolic hand gesture
 Ron Paul brings out the most fans who loudly support a cessation of foreign aid and sometimes smell like medical marijuana

My visiting granddaughter became an inadvertent CNN advertisement when she was awarded a paper fan.
 She still doesn't know who to vote for
 
 Except Uncle Jeff.  
She definitely supports Jeff Flake for the United States Senate

 All the really cool people do

10 comments:

Holly said...

Yup, that Jeff Flake wins my vote. Is it weird to know that your brother is hot? I'm glad you didn't get any tv time, I know how you are and you would have taken the first flight to Hollywood and forgotten all about me.

just call me jo said...

I saw the interview with that super handsome and smart Jeff Flake. He is so eloquent and poised. You and your family are quite impressive. Love your granddaughter's confusion over her candidate. It looked like a most festive occasion. I enjoyed watching the debate. And best of all it's the last , isn't it?

jen said...

Ben goes to Heritage and he said the security was quite tight.

How did you get through with your Ron Paul sign and suspicious scent?

R A C H A E L said...

How fun! And what wonderful company!!!

Connie said...

I am sure they are talking about you in Hollywood right now and fighting over who gets to represent you by being your manager. MOVE over Ellen, there's a new comedian in town!!!!!!!

Susan Anderson said...

Uncle Jeff would definitely be my candidate!

=)

MTeacress said...

I lived right around the corner from that art museum, and last night I missed AZ, wishing I could do some serious people watching. :)

RoeH said...

I wish I'd gone down there. I didn't even know it was going to happen until the night before. I was too busy vegging out in a large comfy bed.

Pondside said...

What a beautiful art centre!
I can't vote, but if I could, I think he'd have my vote too!

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

Arizona is the hoppin place to be! But I have a question, does medical marijuana smell different than say non-medical marijuana? Maybe you could ask the candidates.......

PS Your town looks nice and friendly.