Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day: A Review



I was still lying supine in sweet slumber when my Valentine’s Day commenced.  A cunningly dressed, rented service monkey climbed onto my bed bearing a fresh croissant and strawberries on a silver tray.  As my lustrous lashes struggled to open, I heard the deep tones of a professional cowboy baritone on a bay quarterhorse singing “Oh What a Beautiful Morning” just outside my window. 

By the time I had consumed my delicious repast, my hot bath had been drawn, lightly scented with lavender, impossibly fluffy Turkish cotton towels laid by.  Later, hair styled by Nick and makeup artfully applied by Carmindy from TLC's "What Not to Wear", I slipped into my new Marc Jacob’s designed outfit before hopping in the limo that would take me to my massage appointment.

Relaxed and buoyed by the massage and 45 minutes of affirmation from a certified self-worth booster named Nigel, my sweetheart husband whisked me off to the Phoenician for the rest of the day/night activities which included but are not limited to:

  •       Romantic ride in heart shaped hot air balloon
  •       Gondola trip through the lagoon at the Hyatt amidst trained carp doing synchronized routine to Barry Manilow singing “Mandy”
  •        Air force jet flyover that left contrails spelling out “Larainy” in the blue Arizona sky
  •      Woven circlet of wildflowers placed on my flaxen curls
  •      Dancing in the rain like nobody was watching
  •     ???
Oh... and how was your Valentine’s Day?

13 comments:

Pondside said...

Ah, Larainy, I just knew that your husband would have planned something equal to your incredible spirit and high standards.
Our Valentine's Day was equally special and unique. I left for work at 0700, leaving my beloved asleep, and returned ten hours later, carrying a bag of groceries. A hot bath, and straight into pj's by 6 pm for dinner on a tray in front of the PVR'd Downton Abbey last two episodes. The Great Dane watched with me - now that's romance!

Unknown said...

wow, it's like we are twins. Practically the same Valentines up here, except there were perfectly placed talking snowmen. MWAH!

jen said...

I see you borrowed my monkey. That's not free, ya know!

Connie said...

I am so sorry your day was so blah!!! It doesn't compare to my dinner at Wendy's followed by a purchase of a lazer printer I have been coveting for some time now.
(Believe it or not and in my hubby's defense, I actually had a Great Valentine's day.)

Susan Anderson said...

No more than you deserved, my dear.

;)

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Huh. Is that all? You poor thing. Not one mention of chocolates!

just call me jo said...

You've started drinking again, haven't you dearie! Whatever it takes to stimulate that imagination of yours. I'd like to think of a witty retort but your other peeps beat me. I like the word "repast." Very intellectual.

Holly said...

Yeah, mine sucked too.

karen said...

Mine was quite ordinary, thanks for asking.

joanne fox said...

My, what a glamorous life you lead. However will your beloved top that next year?

MTeacress said...

*sigh* It only takes one Larainy to make me laugh. :)

CB said...

Monkey?



LOLOLOLOL

Sam and Melissa said...

Ashley has her first boyfriend for Valentine's Day and I gave her a nice lecture the week before about having low expectations, or else the day will end in disappointment... sure glad she didn't see your post :) With me and Sam I buy myself whatever is necessary to make sure I have a good holiday, ha ha