Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

The Iron Lady and Her Helmet

The Oscars are just around the corner and you might want to pay attention to a brilliant little film produced by the United British Metalworkers Union called
Iron Lady.
Iron Lady is the story of indomitable Margaret Thatcher, Britain's first and only woman prime minister.  One of the little known facts disclosed about Margaret Thatcher is the way she earned her tough moniker .  Some people think that she was dubbed the "Iron Lady" because she was a no holds barred negotiator with a take no prisoners style...au contraire.  Before she entered parliament Maggie had 93% of her skeleton reinforced with a iron/magnesium amalgam.  She also  began sporting a  coiffure that was actually a helmet made of thousands of strands of fine steel that could withstand the direct hit of a shoulder launched rocket.
 

Iron Lady was actually a prequel to another fine film about world history called Iron Man.





Stay tuned for the next installment in the "Iron" saga
IRON BABY!

(Excellent photo editing done by Maxwell Dean Eddington)
 

13 comments:

just call me jo said...

Hope this doesn't step on any toes, but Newt's wife's hair is a close runner up to the Iron Lady's. Just an observation. I'm sure she's as sweet as any former mistress could be.

Unknown said...

I would totally watch Iron Baby. Opening weekend, even.

Susan Anderson said...

hahaha

Her hair did look a little metallic.

;)

Holly said...

After i post this comment I'm going up in the attic to get my sleeping bag. I'm camping out at the theater to be first in line to see IRON BABY!!!

Pondside said...

There are days - really - when a helmet of hair would be something I could really use....and not because of the wind and rain....imagine the convenience....no more bonking my head on the car roof.....no more blow-drying or curling ironing....

Anne said...

Great blog! I'm a new follower!

Anne

Unknown said...

Let's have a party for the premier of Iron Baby!

Donna said...

Funny!! I just want to have the time to go see Margaret Thatcher....Iron Lady!

The Bipolar Diva said...

I always wondered about that. heehee

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Huh. I learn so much every time I drop by. I'm thinking my grandmother may have owned a prototype. . .

karen said...

Meryl Streep did a great job, but I just really didn't like the movie that much. Now... Iron BABY might be a whole different thing!

Chris said...

Hi Laraine, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Hey Laraine!

I just tagged you in a blog meme! Please check it out & link up: On My Birthday: http://bit.ly/yjW66Y

I would LOVE to see what you come up with!