Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I Had a Dream Catcher

One Last fruit  plucked From

 

Amongst the cheese puffs and the badly painted plaster lizards, amongst the cotton candy in a bag and the quart size strawberry bubble bath, the dollar store has treasures waiting to change your life.

 I see you scratching your itchy scalp, a look of bewilderment as your mouth hangs open, a glistening drop of spittle about to drop from your lip.  Your expression is screaming either your bewilderment or your desperate lack of sleep.  

As I slap you affectionately and metaphorically my dear reader, let me explain that this is an absolutely ungenuine unNative American dreamcatcher, built in a foreign land that is so far away from Monument Valley, Chinle and Window Rock, it might as well be the moon, but hey, what do you expect for a dollar?


 I was leery, I was suspicious.  How could string and chicken feathers possibly capture my elusive dreams?  And yet...

And yet...





Last night it worked!

Fake Dream Catcher Rating = 99 cents



1 comment:

Holly said...

Dream catchers have always freaked me out, I have no idea why. Never liked them. Like you though.