Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bury Me Not

Today I am participating in the “Let’s Talk Blogfest.”
You can go to Fiction Groupie  for more great dialogue

Eavesdropping at the Funeral Home




Evelyn: Oh my, Mimi looks wonderful doesn’t she?

Velma: Goodness yes, she looks so natural, better than she has in years.

Evelyn:  Ten years younger.


Velma:  At least.


Evelyn: Is she still wearing her…


Velma: I can’t really tell from this angle, it’s hidden by her…


Evelyn: Take a step this way, now can you…


Velma: Yes, she’s still got it on.


Evelyn: Well, that is a shame.


Velma: It certainly is.


Evelyn: It’s not like she needs it any more.


Velma: Doesn’t need it at all.


Evelyn: Just throwing away good money.


Velma: It's just foolish.


Evelyn: You wouldn’t catch me wearing one.

Velma: Not with a brand new set of sassy bosoms.


Evelyn: Don’t need it.


Velma: A complete waste of a good bra.


Evelyn: Amen.




23 comments:

R A C H A E L said...

new set of sassy bosoms. classic.

Unknown said...

ten years younger? I'm on board!

Pondside said...

Couldn't you hear anymore?......like maybe the brand?

Jo Schaffer said...

HAHAHA!! Love it!
http://jostorm.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Loved this clever dialog exchange! Bravo!!

Sunshine and Shadows said...

I think I've heard this conversation - minus the bra at a funeral. Great dialog.

Laurel Garver said...

So funny! thanks for sharing.

Susan Anderson said...

Nice dialogue!

=)

VR Barkowski said...

LOL! Too funny! Great entry Laraine. Loved it!

Georgia said...

Love!!! I am going to work the words sassy bosoms into a conversation today now. :)

Shelley Sly said...

Hehe. This made me chuckle. Great dialogue, thanks for posting! :)

Susan Fields said...

Really funny! I'm still smiling...:) Great post!

Tahereh said...

LOOOOOL

this was pure brilliance!

loved it!!

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Too bad losing those ten years came too late....This is hilarious. Very fun fest entry.

The Bipolar Diva said...

That was funny! And informational-I guess I can leave all of my bras to my daughters ;)

RaShelle Workman said...

I'm still laughing. Good stuff.

Roland D. Yeomans said...

You made my evening waiting for the go-ahead for a blood run the lighter for the laughter you provided. Great job, Roland

Tara said...

Haha! I think they're from my hometown ;)

Ruth Donnelly said...

LOL--that's hilarious.

Anonymous said...

The next to last line really made me giggle. "Complete waste of a good bra." Hilarious!

~Lia

C R Ward said...

LOL This was absolutely perfect!

Amalia Dillin said...

Hahaha! This was really fun! Short and well, not so sweet as gossipy, but still to the point! :P Nice work!!

Roni Loren said...

lol, really cute! Thanks for participating!